Union Coop Reveals Details About Upcoming Al Warqa Project
Retail Pioneer organized a Press Conference in Dubai – Head Office, wherein details of the Al Warqa City Mall were revealed to the media personnel
Retail Pioneer ‘Union Coop’ organized a Press Conference to unveil its upcoming Mall project in ‘Al Warqa’, which will be known as ‘Al Warqa City Mall’. This new shopping mall is an extension to its series of community malls, aiming to serve the neighbourhoods, aconcept that started with its Al Barsha and Etihad Malls.
H.E. Khalid Humaid Bin Diban Al Falasi, CEO of Union Coop revealed to the Press that ”The deadline to finish the project located in Al Warqa -3 is March 2020, and will be covering a build up area of 675411 sq. ft. with an estimated budget of AED 257 Million including construction cost of AED 214,569,000.”
Al Falasi, also added “Al Warqa’a City mall will include a variety of services, including the provision of Union Coop hypermarket of new concept called (Extra Coop). In addition to financial services in the form of Banks, Exchange companies and ATM services, and provide a chain of Gold and Diamond Jewellery shops. Visitors will also be able to take advantage of the healthcare facilities in the form of Pharmacy services, General as well as specialized Medical clinics. Moreover, there will also be stores of mobile phones & Accessories, oriental and occidental perfumes, flowers, salons and much more.”
“Warqa’a City Mall is at present in the implementation phase wherein constructions are in the stage of the concrete structuring and foundation build up.” According to Al Falasi
Talking about the facilities he explained, “This commercial centre will include two underground parking lots, whereas the ground floor will have the shops and additional parking spaces for mall visitors. This mall will have a Union Coop Hypermarket on the first floor, covering an area of 115,000 sq. ft.”
In addition to financial services in the form of Banks and ATM services, there will be a chain of Gold and Diamond Jewellery shops. Visitors will also be able to take advantage of the healthcare facilities in the form of General and Specialized Pharmacy services, Medical clinics. Moreover, there will also be stores of mobile phones & Accessories, perfumes, salons, specialized car service centres and much more.
The information was revealed in a Press Conference, held at the Union Coop – Head Office, in the presence of Mr. Abdulla Buhaleeba, Chairman, Buhaleeba contracting, Engr. Madiya Al Marri, Director of Properties and Projects Division – Union Coop, Mr. Imad Rashid, Media Section Manager-Happiness & Marketing Department-Union Coop.
For her part, Engr. Madiya Al Marri, “This strategically located commercial centre consisting of basement, ground and first floor, overlooks the Tripoli street that separates Al Warqa’a from Mirdif and is connected to Emirates Road as per the future roads plan announced by the concerned authorities. This new mall will be serving Al Warqa’a and neighbouring areas of Mirdif, Rashidiya, Nad Al Hammar and others. We will have a floor dedicated to offices and total parking spaces of 671 stands (224 on the second basement, 224 on the first basement while 223 stands on the ground floor). The mall will contain 44 stores with an area of 56, 664 sq. ft. with 26 stores on the ground floor and 18 on the first floor. The second floor of the building will also be used for the Union Coop management offices with an area of 55, 000 sq. ft.”
“This project is not the only one in line from Union Coop,” she said. “As part of Union Coop’s expansion plan, which is one of its strategic objectives, it is currently completing several projects and investments at different stages of the work process. Currently, Union Coop is completing several projects and investments at various stages of the work process. In the coming three years, a total of AED 1,894,803,000 is expected to be invested, which happens to be the largest expansion in the Union Coop history. Such huge investment plans will help increase space and income by three times and twice in terms of buildings number.”
1. A commercial centre project on Hassa Street with a construction cost of AED 80 million. It will consist of a basement for public parking, stores and other services. The ground floor has been allocated to a number of shops, public parking spaces and vertical movement elements. The Union’s hypermarket will occupy the entire first-floor area and the excavation and shoring works for this project will start in the coming month.
2. Commercial Residential Project in Motor City The project will include 2 basement floors; first for visitors parking, stores and services while the second is dedicated as residents parking. The ground floor has been allocated to a number of shops, visitors and vertical movement elements, whereas the first and second floor will be residential apartments. There will also be a Union Coop hypermarket occuping the Mezzanine floor in full.
3. Commercial Center in Jumeirah First – located on Al Wasl Road, Al Bada’a area with an estimated cost of AED 45 Million. The project is currently in the tender stage and in process of appointing of a contractor to start the constructions work.
4. Union Coop Central Warehouse Project in the folding area will be built at a cost of AED 65 million. The project is currently in the implementation phase and the expected completion date is February 2019.
5. Al Khawaneej commercial Center in Khawaneej-1 area with a construction cost of AED (696) million
6. Jumeirah commercial center in the area of Jumeirah-3 with a construction cost of AED (282) Million.
7. The Nad Al Hammar gardens Buildings in Nad Al Hammar Gardens area at an estimated cost of AED 170 Million.
8. Showrooms and Hypermarket in Nad Al Hammar
9. Nad Al Sheba-II Supermarket Project (Rented Commercial Space)
10. Coop Project / The Point area at Palm Jumeirah (rented commercial space).
11. Commercial building/offices in the first Al Quoz area at a cost of AED 44 million.
Please note that there are at present 7 projects under consideration in the following areas:
1. Maidan City (Mohammed bin Rashid)
2. Land in Al Awir First
3. Land opposite/nearby to Etihad Mall
4. Dubai Silicon Oasis
5. Nad Al Sheba Mall
6. Land in Al Quoz Second
7. Land in Al Nahda – 2
This latest announcement falls in line with Union Coop’s strategic objectives of rapid expansion to establish modern shopping centres by adopting global standards that will offer a unique shopping experience.