“We all have a duty towards the community we thrive in…”
Union Coop has been very much active in participating and executing its responsibilities towards the community. We support the vital sectors in the Emirate of Dubai, especially the likes of social sector, human and charitable societies, in coordination with Ministries and Government organizations. Look at our Community support activities:
- Support the Managers of Tomorrow Program by appointing students at universities to work at Union Coop during the study period: with a sum of AED 76,475.
- Supporting the Imam Malik College for Sharia and Law: with a sum of AED 110,000.
- Furnishing the Dubai Municipality Villas: with a sum of AED 75,555.
- 4. Supporting the Holy Quran Award: with a sum of AED 500,000.
- Supporting Iftar campaigns: with a sum of AED AED 110,000.
- Supporting Al-Jalila Foundation: with a sum of AED 2,000,000.
- Supporting Dubai Cares: with a sum of AED 2,000,000.
- Sponsorship of the Challenge Race Program: with a sum of AED 250,000.
- Dubai Police General Command: with a sum of AED 84,000.
- Dubai Customs: with a sum of AED 60,000.
- Quran Memorization Centers: Total of AED 210,000.
- Hajj Gifts Program: Total of AED 50,000.
- Community Development Authority, Dubai Rehabilitation Center for People of Determination: Total of AED 163,000.
- Support for the National Service Program for employees enrolled in military service: Total of AED 779,264.
- Support for the Ministry of Economy: Total of AED 125,000.
In line with Union Coop’s strategy to promote social awareness and constructive culture in the community, and to support social unity, Union Coop sponsors marketing and awareness campaigns launched by ministries, government institutions, and private institutions through printing awareness campaigns logo on shopping bags or setting promotion counters to highlight and introduce the campaigns at malls and the cooperative branches. Union Coop also displays the slogan of these campaigns on the screens of POS in the cooperative branches. These include:
Dubai Municipality: (Car Free Day – With Your Hands… Sustain Your City Cleanliness – Shop Smart, Reduce Your Waste – Buy What You Need– Makani… Smart Geographical Addressing – Child City – Smart Slaughterhouse).
Sharjah Award for Voluntary Work
Department of Islamic Affairs and Charitable Activities: (Events of Zayed bin Mohammed Family Gathering – Rashid bin Mohammed Ramadan Forum – lectures)
General Command of Dubai Police – Community Happiness Department: (Happiness of Civilizations in the UAE)
Department of Economic Development: (Dubai Economy’s Meer initiative – providing drinks – Consumer Protection Department – Be right, know your rights as a consumer – e-trader – license your e-store now).
Falcons and Heritage Sports Museum and Center: (heritage activities) providing drinks and dates.
Mohammed Noor Primary School: (Back to School) providing eco-friendly plastic bags.
Ministry of Human Resources & Emiratization: Distribution brochures of the Ministry’s smart applications at Union Coop branches.
Kid Zone nursery: Distribution of nursery brochures at Union Coop branches according to signed agreement.
Ministry of Energy: (Health Day) providing food.
Maria Coptic Secondary School Dubai: (Back to School) providing environmentally friendly plastic bags.
12th Gulf Consumer Protection Day
Dubai Autism Center: (World Autism Awareness Day)
Ministry of Health – Community Protection: (Heroes of Health)
Dubai World Trade Center: (GITEX 2017 – Careers UAE Fair)
Dubai Police General Command: (Dubai Police Services via 901 – Charter of happy customers- Pedestrian safety – Violation of pedestrian crossing in places not designated for transit – Drugs apparent pleasure and inner punishment)
Dubai Health Authority: (Salama – medical e-record – Ramadan Charity Basket Initiative)
Dubai Customs: (RAFED Service – Report it and Stay Safe- World Intellectual Property Day – Together for better protection)
Ministry of Community Development: (Introducing Nomow App)
Dubai Statistics Center: (Families Census)
Dubai Economic: (E-Merchant – license your e-store)
Hamdan Bin Mohammed Smart University: (Learn as you work)
Dubai International Holy Quran Award: (21st Session)
Banan Kindergarten: Announcement of registration for the new year 2017-2018 with discounts for shareholders