Community Support 2021
Community Support 2021
In line with Union Coop’s Corporate Social Responsibility strategy in the emirate of Dubai, and emphasizing our role in community service, participation in social development and advancement, Union Coop has contributed to supporting vital sectors and strengthening the partnership with governmental institutions.
And that is as follows:
- Discounts offered to members of the Mohammed Bin Rashid Establishment for SME Development (Dubai SME) and The Khalifa Fund for Enterprise Development to Support Projects. Discounts offered to members of the two institutions SME + KF: an amount of (AED 5,150,672.67 )
- The Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan Foundation project: an amount of (AED 1,500,000.00 ).
- The Islamic sector: The Dubai International Holy Quran Award: an amount of (AED 500,000).
- Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority mosque: an amount of (AED 2,229,816).
- The Union Coop Mosque – Al Barsha: Amount of (AED 289,324.00)
- Supporting and encouraging national service employees: an amount of (AED 105,375.21)
- Salaries of people of determination employees: an amount of (AED 321,451.31 )
- Salaries and Bonuses of Managers of Tomorrow: an amount of (AED 1,156,514.4 )
- Community events: an amount of (AED 27,464.19 )
- Supporting the Ministry of Economy in cooperation with Punitive and Correctional Institutions: an amount of (AED 50,000 )
- Supporting the Retired Military Personnel Association 2021 – Al-Mir Ramadan -: an amount of AED 59,911.66.
- Sponsoring the ‘Shabab Al Ahli Club Basketball Championship’: An amount of AED 300,000.
- Honoring high school graduates at the state level: an amount of (AED 10,600).
- Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA procurement subsidy): an amount of (AED 50,000).
Union Coop also contributed to spreading social awareness in the community by supporting constructive causes of Cultural entities within the community. Union Coop sponsors ‘Marketing and Awareness campaigns’ of Ministries and Private institutions by printing campaign slogans on environmentally friendly shopping bags or setting up dedicated counters to promote campaigns. These campaigns are promoted in the Malls and all the Union Coop retail outlets by displaying the campaign slogans on screens and other advertisement means, for example:
- Hope Probe: (Displaying Campaign Slogan)
- Dubai Autism Centre: (We Unite for Them)
- Dubai Electricity and Water Authority: (Earth Hour)
- Community Development Authority: (Neighborhood Majlis Project)
- Senses Center: (For Autism, Colors)
- Dubai Police: (Protect Yourself-Give Way in the Fast Lane)