WGES: Climate Action Leadership Through Collaboration: Roadmap to Net-Zero
8th World Green Economy Summit (WGES) is a promising international forum on green economy. The event is organized by DEWA and World Green Economy Organization, held under the patronage of HH Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President Prime Minister of UAE and The Ruler of Dubai.
In this event, brilliant experts from different corners of the world assemble under a single roof to discuss ways to advance green economy and sustainability agenda, thereby contributing to the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Energy – Decarbonizing Energy Network
Finance – Mobilizing investment for Green Growth
Food Security – Building Resilience & Sustainability into Value Chains
Youth – Empowering the Next Generation to Drive Positive Change
WGES aims to deliver on its objectives through the following goals:
- Encourage dialogue among government agencies and regulators
- Drive action among diligence investors
- Enable collaboration between the public and private sectors
- Showcase innovative digital platforms and best practices in the green economy
- Define areas where green investments are required
- Identify promising sources of finance
- Address challenges
- Advance Dubai’s vision to become the Global Capital of the Green Economy
- Explore ways of achieving the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals by 2030
- Explore ways to realise the recommendations of Conference of the Parties by the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, Paris Climate Agreement, and conclusions from previous WGES editions.
When: 28 – 29 September 2022
Where: Dubai World Trade Centre
You can register here!