Want to improve your child’s memory? Read this!
Memory is a very important aspect of a child’s life as it helps in solidifying a foundation that is based on constant learning. Memory not only allows a child to perform better in exams but in life as a child through different stages learns constantly from its environment.
However, the sad reality of life is that some skills we are not born with and rather we have to develop it over time with practice and discipline.
Does your child have a hard time memorizing information? Does he forget things easily while switching tasks? Then this blog is for YOU!
Here’s what you can do:
- Talk with your kid and engage him/her in discussions. Discussions will make your kid think more about the subject and ask questions to you.
- Encourage your kid to take notes and use images to grasp information that he has a hard time remembering.
- Help your kid connect information that he needs to learn with his real life. Maybe this activity will help fasten the memorization process.
- Your child should not fear to ask questions as asking questions is a sign of intelligence and curiosity. So encourage your child to ask questions, which in turn will help him develop comprehension about the topic.
- Let the child become your teacher. If your kids are involved in some activity then you need to ask them questions and motivate them to teach you the same.
- Make study exciting for your kids by providing multiple sources of information. Organize visits to museums and libraries where information is not just textual but visible as well.
- Help them break information into smaller and easier chunks because knowledge is not a one-day race. Come up with shortcuts that will help them grasp the information forever. For instance, the best way to memorize rainbow colors for a kid can be to remember ‘VibGyor’ as a short for Violet, Indigo, and Blue and so on.
These are some of the interesting ways by which you can help your child. If you have more then, share it with us. Don’t forget to give us a LIKE!!!
Disclaimer: This blog is not a medical journal and people dealing with any ailments or issues should seek consultation from a certified physician only!