Keeping yourself warm in winters? These 10 items may help!
In winter, the temperature drops dramatically, which directly affects the temperature of the body as well, so one has to adhere to many lifestyle changes to warm the body, and one of the methods is to eat foods and drinks that provide the body with energy and help it feeling warm and maintaining body temperature at normal levels.
In this blog, we will be covering 10 Food and Drinks that helps in maintaining healthy body temperature during winters:
- Chili Pepper – Chili pepper contains a chemical compound called ‘capsaicin’ that can directly stimulate thermogenesis, which is a process by which body cells convert energy into heat. Capsaicin releases receptors present in sensory neurons and creates a great sense of body warmth.
- Lentils – Lentil is an excellent source of amino acids that improves body immunity in winters, which is why it is included in many food items that people like to eat in winters. Lentils also contain essential nutrients such as Zinc, copper, and selenium also contains a group of vitamins such as vitamin A and vitamin B, as well as folic acid, which reduces the incidence of colon and cervical cancer.
- Hot Chocolate – Who doesn’t like chocolate? Hot chocolate gives the body energy and warmth, at the same time regulating your mood and improving psychological state, as it contains sugar that quickly supports the body.
- Nuts – especially Almonds, help in keeping you warm and protects against anaemia and heart diseases. It’s recommended to eat three Almonds every day.
- Ginger – a widely-used spice and also a popular medicine around the world, Ginger contains a polyphenol by the name ‘Gingerol’ which helps you in feeling warm.
- Onion and Garlic – Both of it helps the body stay warm, maintain health, treat colds, reduce cholesterol and eliminate cancer cells as well.
- Green Tea – Green tea burns calories, removes toxins, reduces harmful cholesterol levels, and strengthens the body’s immunity.
- Chicken and Vegetable Soup – All types of soups such as chicken, meat, onions and vegetables warm the body and provide nutrients that help in suppressing hunger and give the body a feeling of satiety and provide essential elements such as proteins and vitamins.
- Meat – a source of monounsaturated fats, conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) and other nutrients like protein, iron, zinc, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, vitamin D, phosphorous, magnesium and potassium. When you eat beef, the body spends extra energy breaking down the food and it generates body heat.
- Freekeh – also known as Farik is a grain that is used to prepare an ancient dish which is usually eaten with Yoghurt regions of Levant, Egypt, Iraq and Turkey. It is a cereal food made from green durum wheat that is roasted and rubbed to create its flavor. It is crushed to be like Bulgur and cooked on meat water with large pieces of meat on top.
There are many foods and drinks that contribute to maintaining a warm body temperature in winters, but be sure to eat reasonable quantities to avoid weight gain and enjoy a fun winter.
Don’t forget to LIKE and COMMENT what is your favorite winter food.