Gift of the Winters: Middle Eastern Lentil Soups (Shorabet Adas)
Get ready for a lentil fiesta straight from the heart of Middle Eastern magic! We’re about to transform those humble orange lentils into a soup that’ll make your taste buds do the cha-cha. So, put on your apron and let’s salsa into the kitchen!
The ingredients are easy to get from any hypermarket in Dubai.
- 1 cup of orange lentils
- 4 cups of water
- 1 onion, chopped
- Olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 tspn sumac
- Fried Arabic bread croutons
- Rinse those lentils and let them soak for 30 minutes—time for them to limber up before hitting the dance floor.
- In a pot as big as your excitement, heat up some olive oil. Add the chopped onion and garlic, and let them sizzle until softened. Cue the aromatic overture!
- Sprinkle in the cumin, then add the lentils. Time for them to join the flavor symphony! Mix it up.
- Pour in the water and crank up the heat until it’s boiling.
- Reduce the heat, and let the soup simmer for 25-30 minutes. This is where the magic happens—let those lentils show off their moves until they’re tender and irresistible.
- Season with salt and pepper—your chance to be the judge of this savory dance-off.
- Stir in the lemon juice for that zesty twirl, top it with sumac for the grand finale, and sprinkle those fried Arabic bread croutons like confetti. Voila!
Now, grab a partner, serve it hot, and enjoy the flavor fiesta with your loved ones. Shop from the comfort of your home, click here!