Do You Love Dark Chocolates?
When you stroll down the lanes of any hypermarket in Dubai, there is one particular section that entices both the young and the grownups… Chocolates!!!
If this made you smile then hold on because you are going to love this. In this blog, we are going to discuss why you should consider buying Dark Chocolate i.e. benefits of consuming Dark Chocolate: –
Here are some possible benefits to consider: –
- Nutrition – Dark Chocolates compared to normal chocolates have higher cocoa content. They are loaded with minerals and contain soluble fiber as well. Dark Chocolates contain adequate amounts of potassium, phosphorus, zinc, and selenium as well. Dark Chocolate has a healthy fatty acid profile with the presence of Oleic Acid, which is similar to Olive Oil, Palmitic acid and Stearic acid.
- Antioxidants – Some studies suggest that Dark Chocolate is rich in compounds that function as antioxidants and these include polyphenols, catechins and flavanols. The same is found in acai berries and blueberries as well.
- Improves Blood flow and Lowers Blood Pressure – Some studies show that Dark Chocolate may improve blood flow mildly as the flavanols in them stimulate the lining of arteries (endothelium) to produce NO or Nitric Oxide.
- Reduces Bad Cholesterol – Studies have shown that Cocoa may decrease oxidized LDL – the bad cholesterol and increased HDL. Dark Chocolate may also reduce insulin resistance, a medical factor associated with heart disease and diabetes.
- Skin benefits – It is believed that flavonoids in Dark Chocolate may be beneficial for the human skin. The bioactive compounds in Dark Chocolate help with blood flow, hydration and skin density.
- Improve Brain Function – last but never least, some studies suggest that consumption of dark chocolate may help in boosting cognitive function in adults due to the presence of substances like Theobromine/ Xantheose and caffeine.
Even though there may be considerable evidence that Cocoa has health benefits but it still does not warrant irresponsible eating behavior. Chocolate just like every other delicacy doubles the fun if enjoyed in moderation. Feel free to check out the offers on a variety of chocolates at Union Coop.
Content published on this blog is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis or advice. Consult your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this Blog.