Community Support and Improvement of the Region’s Businesses
The Union Cooperative Society provided support to vital sectors in the Emirate of Dubai, namely the education, health and social sectors, as well as the humanitarian and charity works, Quran Memorization centers, Holy Quran Award and partnerships with ministries and government and private institutions, as follows:
1. Supporting the educational sector with an amount of AED 420,000, by supporting 24 schools, 2 adult education centers, 2 nurseries.
2. Supporting the social sector and humanitarian and charity work, as well as the Holy Quran memorization centers with an amount of AED 100,000 by supporting 10 Quran memorization centers.
3. Supporting the Holy Quran Award with an amount of AED 500,000 during the holy month of Ramadan 1434H.
4. Supporting the health sector with an amount of AED 105,000 by supporting 6 health centers, 1 disability rehabilitation center.
5. Supporting the Health Authority through the magnetic resonance unit construction project at the Rashid Hospital’s Incident & Injury Center. The hospital was equipped with a MRI at a cost of AED 11,250,000.
6. Supporting public utility associations and local departments in the Emirate of Dubai, with an amount of AED 60,000 by supporting 4 public utility institutions and associations and a local department).
7. Supporting the Ramadan campaigns of the local government sector with an amount of AED 90,000, by supporting Ramadan campaigns, namely the faster’s iftar during the holy month of Ramadan, by offering 180 Al Afdhal cards, as follows:
Supporting the Dubai Health Authority (Community Health Programs section- health services sector) with a purchase card worth (AED 15,000).
Supporting Latifa Hospital through a purchase card worth (AED 15,0000); supporting the elderly center (50) through a purchase card worth (AED 15,000)
Supporting the Ministry of Economy- Customer Protection (100) purchase cards worth AED 300 each and AED 30,000 as a whole.
Supporting Dubai airports with a purchase card worth (AED 15,000).
Also, the Union Cooperative Society provided support to Al Jalila Foundation to support education and research in medical fields by offering an amount of AED 500,000.
Thus, the Union Cooperative Society disbursed an amount of AED 19,519,400 for the benefit of the region’s affairs, up to 31/08/2013.
On the other hand, the Union Cooperative Society contributed in raising social awareness in the community by instilling a constructive culture, to secure a coherent social structure and boost cultural level. In this context, the Union Cooperative Society sponsors marketing and awareness campaigns undertaken by the ministries and government and private institutions by printing the slogan of such awareness campaigns on shopping bags or establishing a counter to promote such campaigns at the malls and the UCS branches by broadcasting the slogan of these campaigns on POS screens at
the UCS branches. Examples include:
Dubai Municipality campaigns: reducing plastic bags (Do Not Throw It! Help us Keep the Road Clean 2012).
The campaigns of the Dubai Municipality’s Children City: education campaigns for children: Celestial Sphere and Al Rabih (Spring) event ( Eid and Summer break)
Marriage Fund Campaign: environmental campaign 2013 (our environment, our survival)
Health campaign (diabetes between prevention and treatment)
Awareness campaigns by the Dubai Health Authority (health awareness of blood pressure) ( World No Tobacco Day (tourism and travel season) (fast and its health benefits ) ( your way to a healthy heart)
Dubai Sports Council: World Day for Physical Activity
Ministry of Health- Health Education Department – broadcasting the slogans of the following awareness campaigns on POS screens: World Health Day),
(National Anti-Tobacco Campaign- You are Smarter than to Start)
Supporting Quran memorization centers: broadcasting Quran memorization sessions and summer activities of Quran memorization centers on display screens: Abdullah Bin Masood Center (Ambition Session)
Emirates Thalassemia Society: placing the slogan of the Society on display screens and shopping bags.
Roads and Transport Authority (RTA): supporting RTA’s campaign by broadcasting its slogan on POS screens and printing it on shopping bags (safe driving saves your life).
Dubai Police: supporting the police campaign by broadcasting its slogan on POS screens and printing it on shopping bags (Summer without Accident).
And many other campaigns.