Support the Legal lawyer in providing relevant, up-to-date and accurate legal advice and support to all business units and Union Co-op management on all key legal & regulatory issues; review legal documents and identify ways to reduce legal risk; ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory authorities and protect society’s legal rights from abuse.
Responsible for managing all Union Coop legal matters (including but not limited to commercial; labor, rental dispute, Contractual Services…etc.)
Follow-up of all legal issues/cases raised against or in favor of Union Coop.
Co-ordinate in resolving any legal issues arising during the course of business and ensure that Union Coop’s rights are protected.
Interpret and advise on UAE laws and regulations such as Civil Procedure Law, Cyber Crime Law, Construction Law, Insurance Law, Intellectual Property Law, and Labor Law, HSE etc. applicable to Union Coop’s business and to ensure compliance with applicable laws.
Analyze contract proposals and formalize contract amendments and maintain essential information with summary of each contract in Arabic & English. Monitor adherence to contract provisions.
Support the Legal Counsel in Opening police cases and file suits for all type of cyber-crime / E-crime.
Deal with and Provide legal advice on day-to-day enquiries from various Union Co-op departments.
Ensure effectiveness of activities by applying KPIs and matrix and conduct annual performance review.
Advice the related Departments on any cybercrime law updates and amendments.
Following collection and preservation of proof / evidence to support Union Coop’s cases.
Immediately communicate and follow up with related departments regarding court hearings; update thereof and any aspects of legal procedures. Study correspondence and case files as necessary.
Furnish periodic summary report of all disputes and litigation thereof.
Experience : 5-10 years of experience in Legal role and providing legal advice and support in the areas of commercial; corporate, properties and constructions; insurance & re-insurances laws in the UAE.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent understanding and business expertise.
- Excellent knowledge of regulatory framework, regional customs and compliance related characteristics
- Knowledge of all type of Cyber Crimes Law
- Experience of Local & International Law
- Analytical and counselling skills
- Ethical; unbiased and independent
- Self-starter, able to work independently and to bridge cultures
- Proven ability to work with all levels of management
- Assertive and balanced personality with sound integrity
- Ability to work under pressure and swiftly handle complex situations